While you were playing in your toy box, young Robert Fuhrer was thinking, “Hmm, how could I market these things better?”
Considered one of the country's top toy experts, Robert founded Nextoy LLC in 1981. Ever since, Nextoy has been connecting original toy and game ideas with the companies that market them. The company is regarded as product-placement specialists for toys and games, publishing, and gifts and novelties. Nextoy’s clients include Hasbro, Mattel, SpinMaster, The New York Times, Reader’s Digest, Capcom, St. Martin's Press, HarperCollins, and many others. Classic Nextoy products include Crocodile Dentist, Gator Golf, KenKen® and Electronic iTop
On a business trip to Japan to 2007, Robert became fascinated with an unknown math-and-logic puzzle. So he set up KENKEN Puzzles LLC and markets the popular KENKEN puzzle worldwide with books, Apps, and countless publications and websites. No, you don’t have to send him a thank-you note!
Bob received a BA from Syracuse University ‘77, and is a long-time resident of Chappaqua, NY where he lives with his wife, Judy. They have 3 children.
- Recipient of the prestigious I.D.I.O.T. (International Designer & Inventor of Toys) award.
- TOTY (Toy of the Year) 3x nominee for Most Innovative Toy of the Year.
- Toy Industry of America, Caring For Children Award
- Board Member, Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Hudson Valley
- Board Director, Evan's Team
- Board Member, Ping Pong Parkinson